Photo credit: Hexham Market
The West Northumberland Network is for voluntary and community sector organisations who provide activities or services in West Northumberland, i.e.: Tyne Valley, Ponteland, Bellingham, Otterburn, Kielder. The Network is for anyone working or volunteering in the sector including staff, volunteers and trustees.
West Northumberland Network is administered by Hexham Community Partnership. Notes from meetings can be downloaded below.
To provide an opportunity to support the sector in meeting the needs of local communities. This will be achieved by providing networking opportunities for groups and individual in the sector to come together and:
- raise issues and concerns about their community and the sector
- share expertise, good practice and find solutions to problems
- identify training and development needs
- work together and share resources where opportunities arise
- have a voice and influence in planning and policy making in partnership with other networks
- An opportunity to come together, share and discuss issues and concerns of the sector
- Knowing issues and concerns raised will be considered by the Northumberland VCS Assembly Executive Committee and if appropriate, through the VCS/NCC Liaison Group
- Feedback will be provided in response to issues raised.
- Identifying and providing support to assist delivery of specific training needs of your organisation
- Identifying opportunities to work together, share resources and expertise.
Quarterly meetings are held in West Northumberland in an accessible location and issues raised can be fed into Executive Committee meetings. Meetings are held at a time which maximises the opportunity for organisations to attend.
Call: 01434 603022
- Presentation Slides - NDAS - March 2017 meeting
- Presentation Slides - Introduction to Better Bid Writing - October 2016 meeting
- FACTSHEET - Writing to a Charitable Trust - from October 2016 meeting
- West Network meeting March 2016 general notes
- West Network meeting September 2015 general notes
- West Network meeting September 2015 Guy Opperman session notes
- West Network meeting May 2015 notes