Photo credit: Woodhorn Pit Head
The South East Northumberland VCS Alliance (formerly the VCS Alliance) is for voluntary and community sector organisations that provide activities or services in South East Northumberland, i.e. Ashington, Bedlington, Blyth, Cramlington, Seaton Delaval, Newbiggin, Ellington, Linton and Lynemouth.
The Alliance is for anyone working or volunteering in the sector including staff, volunteers and trustees and is administered by Northumberland CVA.
To provide an opportunity to support the sector in meeting the needs of local communities. This will be achieved by providing networking opportunities for groups and individual in the sector to come together and:
- raise issues and concerns about their community and the sector
- share expertise and good practice, and find solutions to problems
- identify training and development needs
- work together and share resources where opportunities arise
- have a voice and influence in planning and policy making in partnership with other networks
- An opportunity to come together, share and discuss issues and concerns of the sector
- Knowing issues and concerns raised will be considered by the Northumberland VCS Assembly Steering Group and if appropriate, through the VCS/ NCC Liaison Group
- Feedback will be provided in response to issues raised.
- Peer advice and support to assist learning and development of your organisation
- Identifying and providing support to assist delivery of specific training needs of your organisation
- Identifying opportunities to work together, share resources and expertise.
Quarterly meetings are held in South East Northumberland and issues raised can be fed into Assembly Ececutive Committee meetings. Meetings are held at a time which maximises the opportunity for organisations to attend.
Call: 01670 858688
- South East Northumberland VCS Network Meeting - Sept 2018: State of the Sector
- Big Lottery Fund Presentation Slides - May 2018
- Big Lottery Fund Strategic Framework - May 2018
- Big Lottery Community Funding Leaflet - May 2018
- Presentation slides - Finding Volunteers using Volunteer Connect - May 2018
- Presentation slides - Family Gateway - June 2017
- Presentation slides - Overview of Bridge for Stakeholders - Jan 2017
- Bridge Referral Flowchart - Jan 2017
- Presentation Slides - ABCD and Community Development - Martin Conway - Jan 2017
- Notes of South East Northumberland Voluntary Sector Network meeting - Sept 2016
- Presentation slides - Better Bid Writing Taster Session - Sept 2016
- Notes of South East Northumberland Voluntary Sector Network meeting - April 2016